Once upon a time there was a very curious princess that lived in a land far, far away. The princess had all she needed in her magic castle. Everything in her life was beautiful, luxurious and always at her disposal. The princess was living a happy and pleasant life. But as curious as she was, she started feeling really bored. So one day, she decided to make a journey to another kingdom. She packed some of her most important possessions and went off to her exciting trip.
The way to other kingdom was long and tiresome, but the princess was determined to find the adventure she was seeking.
On the first day she arrived in a little village. On the central square there was a huge crowd. The princess went closer to see what all the people were looking at. In the middle of the crowd she saw a huge beautiful fire, lighted by a man nearby. The princess remained fascinated by the passion of the fire, its warmth on her cheeks and the feeling of security she sensed.
- Who is this man? – the princess asked one older woman next to her.
- This is the Lord of the Fire – the woman responded – He is the most respected man in the village, as he gives light and heat to all of us.
The princess felt a strong need to go and greet him. She made her way to the man and its huge fire and introduced herself. She explained to the Lord of the Fire the idea of her journey and also expressed her admiration of his work.
- I haven’t felt such passionate warmth in a really long time – she said to him.
As a sign of a good will, he decided to give her a special present.
- This is a glass vessel with little of my fire – he explained – I am giving it to you as a special gift, so you could always feel the passionate heat and the security of the fire.
- Thank you, Lord of the Fire – the princess said – I would never forget you and your fire and I would always carry your present with me to keep me warm and safe in time of need.
The princess continued her way through the village. On one of the streets she saw a Street Musician with a guitar. He was playing a beautiful, strange song. The princess was immediately fascinated by the cheerful, unfamiliar melody. She felt huge inspiration and so she started laughing and dancing around him at the rhythm of the music.
- Oh you, Street Musician, your music is so magical. I haven’t felt so alive in a really long time - the princess said.
- Then I would give you this music box as a present – responded the Street Musician – with its help you would be able to have fun and inspiration every time when you open the box.
- Thank you, very much! I would never forget you and your inspirational music – the princess said, taking the box out of his the hands.
She continued her journey and soon saw a big blue river. In the river there was a Fisherman, busy with his work. The princess went closer to the Fisherman as she felt really fascinated by his fishing skills. He was managing to take so much fish out of the river in such a short time.
- Your work seems really hard - the princess said to the Fisherman – I wish I also had your skills and was also able to take so much fish out of the river!
- Then I will show you how to angle and will give you this magical fishing rod, so you would be able to angle fish on your own.
- You are so kind, Fisherman! I am so grateful for your lesson and your fishing rod! I would never forget you and the fishes you take from the river!
The princess felt so happy about the people she had met and the presents she had received. Now she had with her the warmth of the passionate fire, locked in the glass vessel, the inspiration of the artistic cheerful melody, brought by the music box and the fishing rod that gave her the opportunity to angle fishes every time she wanted.
The princess decided it is time to go back home. On her way back she saw an old woman. She was barely walking and seemed to be in huge pain. The princess felt bad for the poor old woman.
- Who are you, old woman, and what are you doing here? – the princess asked with mercy in her voice.
- I am the Lady of Time and Distance – answered the old woman – I travel homeless around the world, as I am not allowed to settle down at one place.
- But this sounds awful! I cannot imagine a worst destiny then yours – said thoroughly moved the princess – Could I at least help you in some way?
- Thank you, my child! I am really cold and hungry, so I would be grateful if you could give me something warm and something to eat.
The princess took out her presents and offered the glass vessel with the warm fire and the fishing rod to the old woman.
- Take this, Lady of Time and Distance. These two objects will give you warmth and food.
- And what is this, my child? – asked the old woman.
- This is a music box – answered the princess – Would you like to listen to some cheerful music?
- Yes, my child, thank you very much. I would love to listen to some music – the old lady answered.
She took all the magic objects from the hands of the princess. In this very moment the old lady transformed herself into a young beautiful tall woman. She started laughing cruelly.
- How could you be so stupid, you little princess! You gave me your most valuable possessions and you thought that I would give them back to you?! You would never see them again!
The cruel woman suddenly disappeared, surrounded by a green smoke.
One man was walking on the same road, so he became a witness of the theft. He came closer to the princess to try to console her. But the princess wasn’t miserable. She smiled kindly at the face of the man.
- But how could you be calm and not upset. The evil Witch of Time and Distance just stole the most valuable things you owned – expressed the man his surprise.
- You are wrong, kind man. The Witch took the objects that I owned, but they are not the most valuable things that I posses. I will always feel the passionate warmth from the fire on my face, I would always get inspired by the artistic cheerful music, as I know the melody by heart and I would never forget the Fisherman’s lessons and the skills he taught me. The Witch of Time and Distance didn’t steal anything from me, as I will always bring the Lord of the Fire, the Street Musician and the Fisherman with me safe in my heart.
Look into the past
- ▼ September (6)